I’m excited to announce that I started RustShip: a new podcast where I interview other Rust developers to learn from their experiences.
RustShip #1 — Creating successful open-source projects
In the first episode, I interviewed Orhun, Arch Linux package maintainer and author of tens of open-source projects used and loved by thousands of people, including myself.
Orhun shared what it’s like maintaining Rust code and his advice on increasing the adoption of our open-source projects.
If you don’t have time to listen to the full episode, here are some clips:
- Creativity and Open Source (25 minutes)
- Open Source sustainability and burnout (37 minutes)
- Packaging Rust binaries for Linux distributions (4 minutes)
- Dogfooding: use your own tools (1 minute)
- Trustfall is a query engine for any combination of data sources, allowing to query files and APIs as if they were databases.
- Cargo-semver-checks is a cargo plugin that scans Rust crates looking for semver violations. It uses Trustfall and Rustdoc to do its job.
I plan to do at least one episode every month. Follow me on YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and Mastodon to stay up to date with the latest news and join the next live episodes: I’m always happy to answer questions from the chat during the live stream.